One of the most exciting moments of the wedding planning process is without a doubt when the bride-to-be finds her perfect gown for the big day. And while very exciting, it is a whole new world for most! So when the time comes for you to say yes to your dress, we have compiled a list of five tips for finding the perfect wedding dress! Have you or any of your girlfriends come across any helpful tips when shopping for dresses? Comment below!
- Set a budget. First and foremost, make sure you know your budget for your gown. It would not be fun to fall in love with a dress, only to realize later it was completely out of your budget!
- Make your appointments early. It can take up to 9 months for your dress to be big day ready. Eliminate any risk (and save money!) and make your fitting appointments well in advance of the wedding day.
- Come prepared! Not only with some ideas of what designers and looks you like, but also with the undergarments and shoes that you intend on wearing under your dress to give you an idea of the full look!
- Shop at the right time. It can pay off to go during an off-time during the week. Taking a half-day off with your closest gal pals and getting the place to yourselves is definitely the way to go!
- Trust your instincts! If you aren't feeling a dress, don't force yourself to love it! You want to make sure you feel like yourself on this important day!
Image by: Ashley Seawell Photography